A to Z Challenge

Saturday, June 21, 2014

WeWriWa - I'll try to be good?

Let's play a game of Mad Libs : )  Give me an exclamation (1), number (2), day of the week (3), verb (present tense) (4), noun (5), plural noun (6), adjective (7), adjective (8), adjective (9), adjective (10), beverage (11), piece of furniture (12), body part (13), verb (14).  You may want to write these down...Start with your exclamation and read on, filling in the blanks : )   _______________ (1)!  It's ____________(2) sentence _____________(3), or weekend ___________(4) warriors Sunday.  Click the _____________(5) here to find out about the ______________(6).  You'll also find links to ___________(7) authors whose snippets are______________(8), ________________(9), or maybe even ______________(10)!  Grab a cup of ______________(11), sit back on your _________________(12), and put your ______________(13) up.  Now ________________(14) through those snippets!  : ) 

This week I am giving you a look at a couple other characters from my WIP, Prince Kes (Ravyn's little brother) and Zelera (the villainess).  Zelera has kidnapped the young Prince, and is hiding out with him, but he has been more than a handful.  Let's peek in on them...


     “Thank you for letting me out Auntie, I promise I’ll be good.” Kes turned on his innocent, you gotta love me smile. It always worked on Momma when he got in trouble. If anything Aunt Zelera looked meaner and uglier than ever. “Er, I’ll try to be good?”
     He watched her face. The mean spirit never left, she only pasted on looks to try to hide her yucky. But Kes could always see the Dark edges hiding behind the false smiles.

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like he has her number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very perceptive. I like the way you surround hi with that child's innocence. Oooh, Zelera makes me shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zelera sounds like a mean one! I think the young prince is pretty good at handling himself though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Princes Kes seems quite capable and very perceptive. He shouldn't be fooled easily (hopefully). She sounds downright evil- kidnapping her nephew? What was she thinking? ¬¬'
    Great snippet, Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zelera sounds nasty, but Kes might be up to the challenge of dealing with her. Great 8, Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really captured the quality of his childish innocence at the same time you surround him with evil. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, like his young enthusiasm crossed with his perceptiveness. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a great excerpt, Millie. You stay solidly in Kes' voice and we can't help but share his distrust of Zelera. I hope we get to see more of her though - I kind of like the villains, I always wonder why they do the things they do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad Zelera isn't fooling the prince in the least. Quite a tense excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last sentence gave a clear understanding of Zelera's motive. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smart little boy. Love how he sees through her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kes seems like a smart kid, but if he's going to try anything he'd better make it count! I think the sweet & innocent act will only be good for one shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perceptive guy. I like the concept of hiding her yucky. Great snippet, Millie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seesaw going on here with the child and his aunt. Wonderful writing, Millie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the contrast here, it really illustrates and emphasizes each character well. I love Zelera already :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like he's crazy like a fox and knows exactly how to get what he wants from her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your Mad Libs this week, MIllie---and your mad auntie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the back pedaling from 'promise' to 'try.' The latter is probably more truthful--and likely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sometimes you just can't hide the 'yucky'. lol. Great excerpt, Millie! Fun and whimsical, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. He knows what her deal is! Love the evilness coming through. :)

    ReplyDelete